Lines of work and specialization
- Control Software development for either ground-based telescopes or rocket-, balloon-, and space-borne astronomical payload instrumentation. This area covers all the phases involved in the software development of a scientific instrument from scratch till its de-commissioning.
(Low level and user applications development for telescope and instrument control).
- Development of Flight software for different processor boards (FPGAs, DSPs, 80C32,…), devices (EEPROM, 1553, Spacewire,…), and development of Instrument Control SW (instrument operational sequences, monitoring and control, data processing,…). It also covers Data Handling SW (PUS TM/TC services), mechanisms (motors) control SW, experiments control SW and any type of embedded real-time SW, following the ECSS standards.
- Astronomical data processing: development and implementation of pipeline systems for automatic reduction of astronomical data.
- Astronomical data archiving: development and implementation of astronomical data archives and Virtual Observatory (VO) applications.
- Graphical user interfaces for instrument control (GUI).
- Supervision and maintenance of the control equipments in an astronomical observatory.
- Compilers design a implementation. That work area investigates how to make small compiler and how to apply it on the software instrument.
- Deductive fuzzy relational database. That area studies how to exploit the data obtained from a scientific instrument: storing them in a relational database and using fuzzy and deductive tools on them.
Instalations and equipment
Computing system and servers.
- Consulting and techological support in software engineering, including the expertise described above.